Friday, July 30, 2010

Home, Home on the... Mountain?

The next few posts are way late, but that is because my computer died. Straight up died. So, no pictures for a while (sorry, Aunt Judy!).

Monday morning the staff went horseback riding at a stable called Sabine´s Smiling Horses. The mother of one of the little girls who was in the first kids´program offered the staff a free trail ride. It was so much fun! Of course we´re in Monteverde, so this trail ride is not the slow walk through boring terrain that one would normally encounter in Texas... or pretty much anywhere else, for that matter. We were riding through ravines up and down mountains with the most gorgeous views I have ever seen. I think sometimes I take the scenery here for granted because I am starting to get used to seeing it every day. I will eventually have to post the pictures I took on this ride because they are breathtaking.

The best part of the ride was that Katherine and I are relatively experienced riders. Believe it or not, I still remember a ton from when I used to ride back in the day. Our guide realized this early on and told us that any time we wanted we could hang back and go at our own pace. This was very exciting for us because it meant that if we hung back, we had to gallop to catch up to everyone else. After a while, it stopped being all about having fun for ourselves and more about being a competition between our horses. We could not get them to trot anymore because the slightest kick would spring them into a race against each other! It was hilarious, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

News about the Cabaret to come... Great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment