Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm Singing in the Rain...

Yesterday morning began at my old haunt Chunche's for some fried plantains, coffee, and internet. Much to my surprise, shortly after I arrived, so did Kaz! We spent the morning in Chunche's hanging out and talking about life while simultaneously trying to stifle laughter and distance ourselves as much as possible from the gringo walrus at the table next to us. He honestly said to the woman who works here, "INTERNET NO WORKO!" I've never seen a Tico give a dirtier look before. What was really strange about this was that his wife spoke very competent Spanish, and yet he took it upon himself to yell nonsensical Spanglish (if that) at the nicest woman in the world. I hate gringos.

After that we took a taxi to Bromelias (we really didn't want to walk) and picked up Katherine, Dario, and Lisa along the way! We got to the venue and had rehearsal which went pretty well in spite of the rain, especially now that I know that Bromelias has amazing wifi and that I can go up to the cafe on my breaks and use it! This means that I was finally able to Skype with one Meghan Louise Horowitz! It was very exciting. So great to see the lovely face of a good friend I miss dearly. The best part of the day was the last rehearsal and our post-rehearsal Cabaret rehearsal. My last rehearsal was with Dario to choreograph some of his solo sections, which was so much fun. About a week or two ago, he actually got down on his knees and begged me to work in some tap dancing for him. So yesterday I taught him the tap section. He's so excited, and it's super adorable. I think he'll do well with it once he gets his speed up.

After rehearsal with Dario, we headed upstairs to rehearse for the Cabaret with Katherine, Hannah, Anna, and Kaz. It was incredibly fun to sit around a piano with good friends and do what we all love. Katherine and Dario are singing "All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera, Katherine and I are singing "What is this Feeling?" from Wicked, Dario and I are singing "Suddenly Seymour" from Little Shop of Horrors, and Hannah and Dario are singing "Written in the Stars" from Aida. We're all also doing various solo songs and Anna is performing some of her original songs. It's going to be a really great show, and it's been super fun for all of us. Patricia, the woman who owns Bromelias, wants us to basically do our Cabaret during her open mic night next Thursday! Can I please do this for the rest of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment